Based on a survey by Moz, below are the five biggest challenges with link building today:
- Finding the right link prospects
- Creating efficient processes for link building
- Getting link prospects to respond (yes, think of how many you ignore every day!)
- Determining anchor text distribution
- Knowing which links are helpful and which ones can harm your SEO efforts
The fact is, in today’s post-Panda, post-Penguin, post-Hummingbird era, there is no room for black hat SEO and link building any more. It simply will not work. Earned links and white hat SEO techniques are the only ones that will deliver results.
Tips on How to Attract Natural Links to Your Content
- Pick out one statement or conclusion from a popular piece and expand upon it with a post or article on your own site.
- Quote and link to as many reputable authors and websites as you can. This will show you have your ear to the ground in your sector and are also an expert.
- Make comments on other people’s articles and content that illustrate your own points of view and expertise.
- Where permitted, include a link in the comments to your discussion on the topic on your own site.
- Ask if you can guest blog in response to an article published on a well-known site. Always include a resource box with a bio and a link to your own site.
- Know your audience – what do they need to know? Provide it for them!
- Remember that your primary concern is to provide visitors to your own site with compelling content. Your content must promote confidence in your skills and expertise. It must also reinforce the value of your website, products and services. Write, always, with that as the number 1 priority in your mind!
Need help with your link building strategy? Is your SEO hurting from the legacy of bad links? We can help you! Join us at our next SEO Training Class.