The Weekly Wrap is a new feature sharing the latest digital marketing news and SEO trends from the past week. We’ll keep you up to date so you don’t have to.
Leading the pack this week is news that Facebook has begun testing a keyword search engine that you can use in the mobile app to search and share links in status updates. According to TechCrunch, Facebook has indexed “over one trillion posts” that people have shared on the social media site, making it a potentially serious contender against Google.
Today’s wrap also includes an update about Mobilegeddon, some great ways to improve your social media engagement, and how to create bonafide, share worthy content.
- Do you agree with these 7 ways to improve engagement on social media? How do you engage with your audience?
- Google’s Gary Illyes says that user experience (UX) is a ranking signal for the mobile-friendly algorithm, but not for the desktop algorithm.
- If you don’t already have a blog, you should seriously consider it, because it can really boost your SEO.
- Did you notice that Google My Business Locations (Bulk) got a fresh coat of paint?
- Not all content is created equally, but there are steps you can take to produce the best share worthy content.
- And finally, did you know that you can now add Emojis to title tags and meta descriptions in WordPress? How cool is that!?
Have any other stories or new to share? Sound off in the comments section!